Choosing flooring in your home can be challenging, especially with so many new products on the market. Each type has its own advantages, of course, and the same is true for carpet. In fact, there are certain situations when carpet could very well be the perfect option.
- Children – Young children who are still crawling or just learning to walk are far safer on carpet than they would be tile, hardwood or any other type of flooring. While they can get “carpet burn,” this is far less of a concern than the chipped teeth, broken bones, and head trauma that can happen from a fall on a hard surface.
- Elderly – Although someone older might prefer the smoothness of tile or wood for shuffling along, it can be very slippery for them. Furthermore, as is the case with children, the carpet will protect them better if they do fall.
- Upper Rooms – Nobody enjoys hearing noise above their head, so putting carpet in upstairs rooms is the best option if you want to enjoy its sound-deadening benefits. Upgrade the padding to be even quieter. Additionally, carpet can absorb sound throughout your home to make things more peaceful.
- Warmth – If you hate stepping out of bed in the morning onto a cold floor, carpet is the solution. In addition, carpet adds thermal resistance to help reduce your utility bill.
- Allergies – It is a common misconception that carpet is bad for those with allergies. It is actually the opposite because carpet can trap pet dander, pollen, and other irritants to keep them from floating about the room. Regular vacuuming and annual carpet cleaning will make your indoor air quality ideal for allergy sufferers.
Here at Professional Floor Covering & Cleaning in Mooresville, North Carolina, we can help you out with quality carpet for your home as well as the professional cleaning services you’ll need to keep it looking nice for years to come. Come see our 5,700-square-foot showroom for all the flooring options you are looking for.